Jan 3rd, 2014, 5:29 am
roirraW edor ehT wrote:Hi! The exe is just a self extracting archive. You have at least three choices. Run it in Windows, or use 7-Zip on it, or use ZArchive on your Android device to extract it. I've tested it, it works.

Don't forget the password as I indicated in the post with the link. Also you'll need maps. It'll work with NavTeq or Tom Tom maps. And you'll also need... going by memory here... 2c.exe? Whichever I posted that said data or root files. Sorry, on my phone at the moment so not very convenient to look. :-)

Thank you for the response!

I am almost there but need a little more help if your time permits.
I have downloaded:
AND-iGO-9.6.29.331894-MULTI
R3-NA-USCAN-NTQ-2013-Q1

I have created a folder on the SD card called iGO. The folder contains:
Map
Dem
Poi
data.zip
branding.zip

Am I missing something? Should I something more in this folder?
I get a message saying the user interface resolution 720x1230 is not supported or compatible skin can be found. Exiting application.

T.I.A.
Jan 3rd, 2014, 5:29 am
Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:12 am
You're welcome! You also need the 1.exe, Content archive. Map, Dem and POI folders go in the iGo\content folder which comes in the 1.exe archive along with all sorts of other files and folders. So hopefully that'll solve the resolution issue. In the meantime, what phone and resolution do you have?

Here's hoping you'll be enjoying iGo shortly!
Jan 3rd, 2014, 10:12 am
Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:54 pm
roirraW edor ehT wrote:You're welcome! You also need the 1.exe, Content archive. Map, Dem and POI folders go in the iGo\content folder which comes in the 1.exe archive along with all sorts of other files and folders. So hopefully that'll solve the resolution issue. In the meantime, what phone and resolution do you have?

Here's hoping you'll be enjoying iGo shortly!

Thanks again!
Now I will get the needed the 1.exe file. :)
I have Galaxy Note2 with screen resolution of 720x1280

T.I.A
Jan 3rd, 2014, 12:54 pm
Jan 3rd, 2014, 1:06 pm
Oh yeah, that should work no problem. Same as my resolution on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

You're welcome! Let me know if you need any more assistance. :-)

Writing this from: I can't believe this but our borrowed car quit. Stuck on the freeway, police are on the way to at least hopefully take us someplace warm.

I find it funny. Really.
Jan 3rd, 2014, 1:06 pm
Jan 3rd, 2014, 2:42 pm
roirraW edor ehT wrote:Oh yeah, that should work no problem. Same as my resolution on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

You're welcome! Let me know if you need any more assistance. :-)

Writing this from: I can't believe this but our borrowed car quit. Stuck on the freeway, police are on the way to at least hopefully take us someplace warm.

I find it funny. Really.

I now have the 1.exe file extracted. My problem is that I am confused about the folder path.
Should the "content folder" go inside the iGO folder, or should everything from the content folder go inside the iGO folder?

Now getting these two messages before force close:
"Missing or incomplete folder: Not a zip archive"
"Content error, global_cfg not found"

So sorry to hear your borrowed car broke down. Please be careful out there. Wish I could help you like your helping me
Jan 3rd, 2014, 2:42 pm
Jan 3rd, 2014, 3:09 pm
Oh, thank you! That's okay, just a slight road bump in my wife's and my plans to go to work. LOL.

The content folder goes inside the iGo folder as is, so it'll be

(and this works equally for me on both internal and external SD)

iGo
iGo\content

And all the rest of the paths and files in both of those folders.

I would delete everything in the iGo folder and start over, maybe except the maps since they're big, but delete and re-extract everything else. Even clear the data for the iGo app, uninstall and reinstall it.

The previous times running it without having everything in place might confuse things. :-)
Jan 3rd, 2014, 3:09 pm
Jan 4th, 2014, 2:06 pm
Hello roirraW edor ehT,

Just wanted to report back that I had success getting the iGO to work. Seems like big-ol-juicy maps dont like being on my SD card.
Once I moved it to the internal memory everything fired right up. I cannot change the model of my car to one of those cool sports car but hey...the maps are working!
Just wanted to give a shout out to you as you have been remarkable in helping me with this, quick responses and never getting annoyed with my noob questions.
Respect...

I hope your wife and you may it to your destination safely and your car will be quickly repaired :)
Jan 4th, 2014, 2:06 pm
Jan 4th, 2014, 4:38 pm
Cool! I'm glad you found the solution, and you're very welcome! It helps to have nice people asking questions. :-)

I've always paid (relatively little) cash for cars before. We're going to try buying a brand new or possibly barely used car and making payments. I've never been with anyone while we were both able to work before either so it's nice to finally be able to consider doing this.

I feel bad for my step nephew for his car he lent us, he had been only adding water to the radiator and it looks like it got diluted enough to freeze, or at least it had all run out.. Now I have started a collection of completely broken vehicles at my apartment, LOL!

It's all good though, love is good anyway and it'll all get worked out. Happy New Year to you and everyone! Thanks for the extra kudos!
Jan 4th, 2014, 4:38 pm
Jan 4th, 2014, 9:28 pm
Sending out a pre-congrats on the future new car!
Sounds like you your getting serious with your partner, next thing you know you'll be spending less time online and more time making a family..eheheheheh

I traded the doll babies for hot wheels back in the day. Stay away from adding tap water to the car unless its distilled water. Regular tap water will jack up your system down the road.
Those 50/50 antifreeze solutions are expensive, buy the good stuff and dilute it yourself with distilled water. I better stay on topic for future readers..heheh

Happy 2014 to you and the Mobilism crew! :-)
Jan 4th, 2014, 9:28 pm
Jan 22nd, 2014, 8:05 am
I have a Ver installed on my phone Note2 and working well, i have one issue and that is when in Navigation mode i cannot see the Phone's "Notification" panel/bar at the top (unless i swipe it down, which stays for only a few seconds). I know this can be done because i've seen it in other versions of IGO.
Is there something i can do in the IGO menu?

Would appreciate help from anyone, or a link to an IGO version that has this function.
Jan 22nd, 2014, 8:05 am
Jan 22nd, 2014, 2:44 pm
PamelaGirl wrote:Sending out a pre-congrats on the future new car!
Sounds like you your getting serious with your partner, next thing you know you'll be spending less time online and more time making a family..eheheheheh

I traded the doll babies for hot wheels back in the day. Stay away from adding tap water to the car unless its distilled water. Regular tap water will jack up your system down the road.
Those 50/50 antifreeze solutions are expensive, buy the good stuff and dilute it yourself with distilled water. I better stay on topic for future readers..heheh

Happy 2014 to you and the Mobilism crew! :-)

Thanks, belatedly, and you too! Everything's calmed back down. We got a 2014 Chevy Malibu LS. It was pretty highly rated in Consumer Reports. The 2014 Impala was even higher rated, but not worth $6000 more. We had considered the 2014 Nissan Versa, but they're not very safe or comfortable according to CR.

ausi wrote:I have a Ver installed on my phone Note2 and working well, i have one issue and that is when in Navigation mode i cannot see the Phone's "Notification" panel/bar at the top (unless i swipe it down, which stays for only a few seconds). I know this can be done because i've seen it in other versions of IGO.
Is there something i can do in the IGO menu?

Would appreciate help from anyone, or a link to an IGO version that has this function.

Hi ausi! Answered in the other thread http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=701&t=628447&p=1694524#.
Jan 22nd, 2014, 2:44 pm
Jan 28th, 2014, 8:38 pm
hi
i downloaded igo from post 12. please can someone help with a tts voice if possible in english and italian. in the folder the voice are mormal no tts.
thanks
Jan 28th, 2014, 8:38 pm
Jan 29th, 2014, 4:20 am
I would help if I could. Another user here had helped me a while back but honestly I still haven't made time to check out his solution to get TTS to work. Hopefully someone else can help you; it unfortunately might still be a while before I re-check it out.
Jan 29th, 2014, 4:20 am
Jan 29th, 2014, 8:27 am
hi
thanks i hope that someone can help. i have the older version of igo primo 2 end that works ok on android 4.0 the tts voice worked ok with pico. now i changed phone and i have android 4.1.1 alcatel 987d phone. pico dont work. i tried svox but still no work. i tried google tts still no work. even the normal voice when im trying them on igo dont work.
Jan 29th, 2014, 8:27 am
Feb 10th, 2014, 2:31 pm
Added link and instructions to skin that I prefer to "OP" viewtopic.php?p=1584675#1584675. Try it, it adds all sorts of capabilities iGo doesn't have by default.

The link is after my instructions for installing iGo step #7. Read the instructions for getting the skin to work right after it. Enjoy!
Feb 10th, 2014, 2:31 pm