Discuss Android apps here.
Oct 18th, 2013, 5:44 am
I'm a faithful Mantano user. I've tried most readers I could get my hands on, cool reader and moon+ had a ton of options and customizations but just didn't feel "right". Aldiko has settings that just don't seem to work for me for some reason or another. Mantano has always been my go-to app for epub and pdf... I do wish it supported more ebook extensions. I did however use Fabrik for a short while, it has a sweet feature of syncing your reading progress via dropbox so you can read on multiple devices and never loose your place. However it always crashed on me when I'd received a text message while reading.
Oct 18th, 2013, 5:44 am
Nov 9th, 2013, 11:27 pm
Moon+ and Mantano are the best. I use both.
Nov 9th, 2013, 11:27 pm
Dec 17th, 2013, 5:15 am
I had been happy with Moon+ Pro and I would recommend it, but on my Samsung 10.1 it force closes a lot when there are a lot of pictures. I think I give Mantano a try.
Dec 17th, 2013, 5:15 am
Jan 19th, 2014, 3:56 pm
I prefer moon+ Pro but for some reason it won't install on my Asus tablet. It works great on my samsung. Hoping to find a way to install it on the Asus.

One of the things I like is that when reading from books on my sd card I can go to the same directory when I close the current book.
Jan 19th, 2014, 3:56 pm
Jan 26th, 2014, 12:13 am
Although I like Mantano, I think Moon Reader is slightly better. Readmill is pretty. PageTurner actually allows syncing between my phone and my Nook Simple Touch ereader.
Jan 26th, 2014, 12:13 am
Feb 15th, 2014, 1:13 pm
Why not convert your epubs to mobi using Calibre, then use Kindle. The reason I like Kindle is you can sync your books between your tablet, computer and Smartphone using Amazon's "Manage Your Kindle" and 'My Kindle Content' folder on your computer (once your have installed "Manage Your Kindle" from Amazon.com onto your PC or Mac). To do this, however, you need an Amazon account.

You can put mobi ebooks into the 'My Kindle Folder' on your computer and right click on the book and select "Send to Kindle" option to make them available on all your devices. Then in "Manage Your Kindle" in your Amazon account, you can make the book available on whatever device you wish of the ones you have listed there. You do not have to have purchased the books at Amazon to do this, you can do it with any book in MOBI format. It works really well for me.
Feb 15th, 2014, 1:13 pm

Please PM me if links are dead, and I will do my best to refresh them.
Apr 25th, 2014, 2:18 am
moon+ reader pro {+ svox tts voice} is the best....
Apr 25th, 2014, 2:18 am
Aug 17th, 2014, 10:47 pm
The most flexible and feature rich reader available is AlReader. It has a difficult learning curve but when mastered it will present effects which are unavailable in any other reader. These include contrasting colors for chapter headings, italics paragraph first letter enhancement (two forms) and so many others I cannot list them. Before AlReader I would have given my vote to moon+reader pro.
Aug 17th, 2014, 10:47 pm
Sep 26th, 2014, 1:01 am
Another vote for AlReader. It does a good job synchronizing multiple devices. It also links with Calibre well.
Sep 26th, 2014, 1:01 am
Sep 30th, 2014, 3:56 am
How do I configure Alreader to use (any) dictionary ? Which dictionary are you able set it to retrieve and display the meaning of words I highlight on the page when in Alreader?
Sep 30th, 2014, 3:56 am
Nov 27th, 2014, 4:05 am
Moon reader pro here =)
Nov 27th, 2014, 4:05 am
Dec 5th, 2014, 6:34 am
I usually just use google play books for most of my epubs because I like the upload system but for stubborn epubs or pdfs that dont work I use mantano reader.
Dec 5th, 2014, 6:34 am

Jan 19th, 2016, 8:16 pm
Was using PocketBook and loved it, but now all of a sudden says most files are corrupted when i try to open them.
Even the book i was just reading a second ago, if i go back to the main menu and then back to the book.
I uninstalled it and will try Moon+.
Jan 19th, 2016, 8:16 pm