If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with Android post it here.
Dec 30th, 2023, 11:45 pm
I wonder is someone out there might have a clue as to what has happened regarding subtitles for Bee TV, Nova, Tea recently....... no subs are offered from open subtitles.org any more within these apps.... only from subscene..... and subscene don't have as many as open subtitles.org did/do.

Aaaaaanyone know if there's a way to get subtitles from opensubtitles.org again? Would really appreciate assistance and advice!

This has happened before, a couple of times, but I do not recall there being one particular fix for the problem. I have up-to-date versions of all apps mentioned above, and an up-to-date version of MX Player on android TV, android phone and android tablet. I am logged into opensubtitles.org.
Dec 30th, 2023, 11:45 pm
Jan 5th, 2024, 10:06 am
On Nova they show me open subtitles option but i can`t play subtitle or i dont know how
Do you see them and can`t use them or you don`t see them at all?
Jan 5th, 2024, 10:06 am
Jan 7th, 2024, 7:47 pm
It's weird. Most of the time I get the message "unable to communicate with open subtitles.org" if I search for subs on Bee TV. If I try with VPN, I get a message saying "become VIP member". But I just tried "Michael McIntyre: Showman" without VPN as a random example and got perfect subs from opensubtitles.org. :/

Having been in touch with open subtitles.org, they tell me they have changed their system and now in order to receive subs we need to become VIP members, paying 10 euros per year. Something to do with "API".... don't ask me, I'm not that teccy!

I would happily pay this amount, but am not THAT au fait with VPN to be sure that I could get the subs on my smart TV and my android tablet and another TV using Fire stick.... I have some investigation and testing to do which takes time. I haven't tested Nova at all yet... have to update my version and then try. :)
Jan 7th, 2024, 7:47 pm