Describe the kind of app you're looking for, or a problem you need an app to solve. We will help you find it!
Aug 24th, 2020, 3:39 am
Does anyone have a recommendation for a natural text to speech reader similar to the one by Google Play Books (on natural mode)? I don't like using Google's because it takes up a lot of data it doesn't allow me to customize my books to way I like. I've tried other Text to speech readers but they sound so robotic and generic it's not even worth the effort. Thanks in advance everyone!
Aug 24th, 2020, 3:39 am
Aug 30th, 2020, 5:01 pm
basically you are using audiobook, that is the reason you are getting natural voice...
Aug 30th, 2020, 5:01 pm
Sep 1st, 2020, 1:47 am
diebitch wrote:basically you are using audiobook, that is the reason you are getting natural voice...

It is a robot, but I am wondering if there are higher quality TTS robots. The books I read do not have audiobooks sadly.

Sep 1st, 2020, 1:47 am
May 1st, 2022, 4:23 pm
I have been using Balabolka on Windows. You can "acquire" premium voices (TTS voices) and install those voices in Windows. Balabolka can then save a text file to MP3. Unfortunately, the resulting audio still sounds a little robotic. There is minimal emotion.

It takes Balabolka about 5-10 minutes to convert a book to a 10 hour audiobook.

Balabolka can natively read EPUB, MOBI, AZW, and other popular e-book formats.

EDIT: I tried Google Play Books, and I actually like the Google voice better than any voice you can use in Blabolka. The pacing and pronunciation of Google is way better.
May 1st, 2022, 4:23 pm

My requested audiobooks are for my disabled mother. She was a librarian. She LOVED to read and LOVED to get children reading.
She was in a car crash 5 years ago. She had to quit her job. She cannot sit or hold a book or tablet. She can only "read" audiobooks in bed.
Thanks for helping!
Jun 18th, 2022, 8:21 pm
borkymcbork wrote:I have been using Balabolka on Windows. You can "acquire" premium voices (TTS voices) and install those voices in Windows. Balabolka can then save a text file to MP3. Unfortunately, the resulting audio still sounds a little robotic. There is minimal emotion.

EDIT: I tried Google Play Books, and I actually like the Google voice better than any voice you can use in Blabolka. The pacing and pronunciation of Google is way better.

I have to agree, I updated the Google Speech Services [and enabled aggressive language detection] and turned on the Natural Voice within Google Play books. This is extremely good for a TTS service, I have yet to find one better than this!
Jun 18th, 2022, 8:21 pm
Jul 9th, 2022, 11:54 am
thedanger522 wrote:
borkymcbork wrote:I have been using Balabolka on Windows. You can "acquire" premium voices (TTS voices) and install those voices in Windows. Balabolka can then save a text file to MP3. Unfortunately, the resulting audio still sounds a little robotic. There is minimal emotion.

I have to agree, I updated the Google Speech Services [and enabled aggressive language detection] and turned on the Natural Voice within Google Play books. This is extremely good for a TTS service, I have yet to find one better than this!
Ivona tts
Jul 9th, 2022, 11:54 am