For professionals. Encyclopedias, databases, etc.
Jan 17th, 2010, 10:35 am
Skyscape Medical (all versions)
Requirements: Android (or iPad/iPhone)
Overview: Skyscape is pleased to provide hundreds of trusted medical resources for the Android (Google) devices.

To use: (use only if medical emergency)
    - Install reader on device (if not already installed).
    - KeyServer will add rules for Windows Firewall, if using another firewall you need to allow connections.

- Run KeyServer on your PC.
    - Check products you want (including any already installed, otherwise the reader will remove them).
    - If installing on many devices or you want local copy right click product to download to PC.
    - Choose options you want:
      - "Send reader updates" - tell the reader about latest known (from data file) version of the reader.
      - "Force download server to this host" - tells reader to download from this PC instead of real server (from data file). Use when installing on many devices using local copy of data (downloaded as above).
      - "This hosts IP" - the ip address that the DNS server will send to the reader, also used for downloads (if option above is used).
      - "Enable DNS server" - enable a DNS server that sends this hosts IP when reader requests server address. Configure device to use this host as your DNS server instead of normal DNS server, no need to modify hosts files then. If you do not use DNS server you will need to modify your /etc/hosts file or modify entries in your real DNS server (see XML for which hosts are needed).

- Launch reader on device.
    - Update reader resources: 'Tools' -> 'Update Resources'
    - When prompted for username and password use anything you like.

- Do not connect to real server after using. Use a firewall or modify /etc/hosts file to be safe.

To update data file:
    - Look at XML, understand.
    - Get version numbers from windows trial version/other users/etc.
    - Work out new download url, download it and check sizes.
    - Update xml.

Thanks to Xer0 for translations.

Important:
Read instructions!
You must enable tools DNS server (and change phone settings to use it) or modify your hosts file/DNS server.
If you don't know how to operate your phone, change network settings, etc. do not post here - find android forum instead.

More Info:
Code: Select allhttp://www.skyscape.com/

Download Instructions:
Program: https://rapidshare.com/files/2938549512/KeyServer-v1.4.0.rar (md5: df71cd88cc73a6c39780619bbc32a7ff)
Latest data: 2014-02-09 https://rapidshare.com/share/4AB8B708C42B23744A0ED5E7A7BEF8B2 (md5: d65dc3090d44c12c1d4de785fd36df88)

Mirrors:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/pmqwdjjxj4uamqz/KeyServer-v1.4.0.rar
Jan 17th, 2010, 10:35 am
Jan 24th, 2010, 3:17 pm
1. First you need to gain "Root access" to your phone.
I have a Droid so depending on your phone this might vary so google "Root access <your phone>"
http://www.redmondpie.com/root-motorola ... 1-9140198/
There are some Youtube videos on how to do this.

2. Download DroidRootHelper V 7.0 from the Android Market (you don't have to but makes things easier).
3. Download Terminal Emulator or Better Terminal Emulator from the Android Market

4. Run DroidRootHelper V 7.0 >> Press the "First Button>> "Mount mtdblock3 System Read Write" This will give you access to modify system files.
5. Run Better Terminal and type in the following
i. "su" then hit enter without the ""

ii. make a backup copy of your existing hosts file: Type the following

"# cp /etc/hosts /etc/hosts.backup" without the "" ane without the #

6. After you have gained root access you can see your "Hosts" File, and copy it to your PC or SD card. You don't have to but you can. YOu can open it with Notepad and it looks like this
127.0.0.1 localhost

7. What you need to do is to modify this file and then push it to your Phone. Or download a copy I made and push it to your phone.
the New file when you open it should look like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

192.168.1.101 www.skyscape.com
192.168.1.101 iphone.skyscape.com

Now the numbers "192.168.1.101" are my PCs IP address.
If you don't know your IP address you should otherwise it won't work.
To find your IP Address
Open your CMD and type "Ipconfig" you will find it there.

8. Here is an example file from me. http://rapidshare.com/files/340348724/hosts.txt
Or you can pull the hosts file to your PC and edit there.
9. Copy your modified "hosts" file or "hosts.txt" to your SD card. Let's say you put it in a Download folder on your SD Card.
10. Open your Droid Helper again and the same step mount it.
11. Open Better Terminal and type "su" then hit enter ... Then type the following
# cp /sdcard/Download/hosts.txt /etc/hosts ........then hit Enter.
to verify that the hosts file has been modified type the following
# cat /etc/hosts it will show you the file info
127.0.0.1 localhost

192.168.1.101 www.skyscape.com
192.168.1.101 iphone.skyscape.com
-----------------------------------------------------
12. Now I guess you already downloaded Rab's program/files in this first post to your PC.
13. Download the skyscape reader Phone app
14. Run it and you are good to go.

Now I did still face some problems.

First time things ran fine but the second time, it deleted the programs I installed when I was trying to install others.
Later I was forced to do the following (This is what i did but not sure it is the right thing to do).

You have to open the XML file and look at every program you chose and download it directly to your PC.

The XML file will look like this
<Product>
<creatorID>K2AF</creatorID>
<typeID>DATA</typeID>
<version>8.0.5</version>
<date>2007.06.28</date>
- <subset>
<name>hppap2</name>
<description>Handbook of Pharmacology and Physiology in Anesthetic Practice, 2nd Edition</description>
<server>69.175.61.170</server>
<file>/download/ota/hppap2/8.0.5/hppap2_bb.zip</file>
<filesize>3381237</filesize>
<devicesize>3663027</devicesize>
</subset>
</Product>

So to download it really you have to put in server + file address:
69.175.61.170/download/ota/hppap2/8.0.5/hppap2_bb.zip

Download this file and put it in the download folder. (It is with Rabs file when you unzip it).
I discovered that you have to put it in a specific order for this to work and load on your phone.
Again this is what I had to go through and I guess Rab would say you don't have to do this but this is what I had to do.

Open your download folder and then create another folder called "ota" and inside that another called "hppap2" and another called "8.0.5" and there you will put the file you dowloadedd (In this example "hppap2_bb.zip").
I had to do this for every program I wanted install.
I trying so many combo of checking and unchecking server options and so on and this was the only way to get it to work.

So after you have done all this step by step. You are good to go.... Peice of cake. right.
Jan 24th, 2010, 3:17 pm
Feb 5th, 2010, 3:02 am
I found a problem when you make all the things right and the phone still not connect with your PC.
The problem is with the adb push command.
I found that when you write the hosts file to phone he insert a blank line between the localhost line and the lines that you add. (Don't know why...)
Just follow these steps:
- Go to market and download ES File Explorer
- go to /etc folder in your phone and find hosts file
- edit the file and remove the blank line
and voilá everything is working now!

Thanks rab for this great app ;)

PS: dont forget to turn off your firewall when playing with this

Ihope this can help someone
and sorry for any english mistakes
Feb 5th, 2010, 3:02 am
Feb 26th, 2010, 2:09 pm
Ok, I'll try to make it simple, but please remember I'm not sure about what exactly each step does as I am no Android expert. Here is what I did.

From the beginning :
1) Download Skyscape's reader into your android phone (you can find it in the market).

2) Download rab's Keyserver ( http://rapidshare.com/files/350607013/K ... 0.rar.html ). It contains the program that is going to allow you to download the programs. It also contains a readme file with a few instructions.

3) Change your android phone's DNS - here it gets tricky. I followed Sam's intructions, but I'm going to try and make them easier to read :
a) First you need to gain "Root access" to your phone.
I have a Droid so depending on your phone this might vary so google "Root access <your phone>"
http://www.redmondpie.com/root-motorola ... 1-9140198/
There are some Youtube videos on how to do this.

b) Download these apps into your phone using the Market :
- DroidRootHelper (you don't have to but makes things easier).
- Terminal Emulator or Better Terminal Emulator
- EStrong File Explorer

c) Now we're going to give you access to modify system files :
Run DroidRootHelper and press the first Button, which should be "Mount mtdblock3 System Read Write".

d) Now we're going to make a backup of the hosts.txt file that we want to modify in order to change the DNS :
Run Better Terminal and type in the following (without the "") :
"su" [Press enter - a window showed up, warning me a program was trying to change some stuff. I allowed it.]
" cp /etc/hosts /etc/hosts.backup" [Enter again - nothing visible happens, but the file is created]

e) Now we're going to change the hosts file. This is what I did :
i) Download this .txt file http://rapidshare.com/files/340348724/hosts.txt
Open it in your computer. It contains the following :
Code: Select all127.0.0.1          localhost

192.168.1.106          www.skyscape.com
192.168.1.106          iphone.skyscape.com

192.168.1.106 is Sam's IP, so it won't work unless you modify it with your own IP adress. You can obtain your IP adress by using Window's 'Run', and typping 'cmd' Image

A window show's up, just type "ipconfig" and press enter. Your IP adress should be there.
Modify the IP in the text file by your own.

ii) Copy your modified .txt file into the Download folder in your sdcard.

iii) Now we are going to modify the hosts file that is in your android phone's system with the one you have just copied into your sdcard :
- Run DroidRootHelper and press the first Button, which should be "Mount mtdblock3 System Read Write".
- Open Better Terminal and type the following (without the "") :
"su" [Press enter - a window showed up, warning me a program was trying to change some stuff. I allowed it.]
" cp /sdcard/Download/hosts.txt /etc/hosts" [Enter again. This should have changed the files.]

To verify that the hosts file has been modified type the following (still using DroidRootHelper)
" cat /etc/hosts" [It will show you the file info :]

YOUR.IP.ADRESS          www.skyscape.com
YOUR.IP.ADRESS          iphone.skyscape.com

iv) As you can see, there is an extra blank line in the above code, which we don't want.
Run EStrong File Explorer. You should be under /sdcard. Press the '/' icon, so you can see your system files. Enter the 'etc' folder, and look for the hosts file (the one we have been playing with). Open as text, and select ES Edit note to modify the file. Simply delete the blank line. It now should look like this :
YOUR.IP.ADRESS          www.skyscape.com
YOUR.IP.ADRESS          iphone.skyscape.com

4) Now we are going to use rab's KeyServer to check which skyscape program's we want on our phones. Don't forget to disable temporarily your firewall. Simply check those you are interested in. As for the below options, I don't fully understand them, so there are the ones I have checked and made it work :

5) Almost there ! Run Skyscape's reader in your android phone. Go to the 'Tools' tab, and press 'Update Resources'. When prompted for username and password use anything you like, and follow the on-screen instructions. If everything worked correctly the KeyServer should be listing lots of stuff in the log window.

If you managed to read all of this, congratulations. If everything worked ok, congratulations again. There is probably an easier way to do the whole process, but as I managed to make it work this way, I guess it's not too bad.
Thanks to rab, Sam and Smoother.
Feb 26th, 2010, 2:09 pm
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:59 am
Ok this works well with a HTC hero original phone without rooting.I am using a macbook with windows 7 and apple express router.Basically what everyone else has mentioned before me for the newbies there

On the computer

Download the latest keyserver from page 2 posted by rab v1.1
Extract the files
Right click on keyserver.exe and open as administrator
Now you will see the main keyserver screen.Minimize this for now

Now
Open windows start button and type command in the search box and press enter
In the terminal screen type ipconfig
Note down the following thing
ipv4 address : This is the ip address of your computer
subnet mask
default gateway
these are the values we need to enter into the phone

Now go to the network sharing centre in windows
On the left lower hand corner click on windows firewall
turn off windows firewall for home and public networks

Now in the htc hero
go to settings
wi-fi settings ---->turn on wifi : check ----->click on menu button on your phone--->advanced---->check use static IP

Now in the IP adress enter a imaginary address outside your range
for eg if the ipv4 address in your computer was 10.0.1.1 ,then enter 10.0.1.101.if it was 192.168.2.1 then enter 192.168.2.101. My point being you can probably get away with putting 101 to the last 2 digits of you ipv4 address

gateway is the same a your computer default gateway

Netmask same as your computer subnet mask

DNS 1 is same as your ipv4 address of your computer
press menu again and click save

Ok now we go back to the keyserver
check send reader updates ,enable DNS server ,save incoming requests to debug .log
Now in this hosts ip enter your ipv4 address
Check mark the software titles you want

Go back to the the phone
open the skyscape programme which you should download and install from market
go to update resources
if it asks your password and username(usually a email address) just type any imaginary one
updating of your phone should start

ps:for those using the apple express router the
ipv4 is 10.0.1.2
ip address is 10.0.1.101
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 10.0.1.1

enjoy 8)
Mar 19th, 2010, 11:59 am
Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:21 pm
For those of you still struggling with downloading the Skyscape Apps, I've discovered a method which works for my Droid X. Please adhere to the following Step-by-Step Guide:

1) Open Keyserver.exe by right-clicking it and selecting Run as Administrator.

2) Tick the box in front of your selection (Make sure there is a check mark in the box). Right-click the App of your choosing, select "Remove any old cached data files, then Download data file.

3) Close Keyserver App.

4) Open Keyserver folder, then Download folder, then ota folder. The Zip file you downloaded should be there.

5) Now connect your phone via USB cable to PC and ensure USB connection on the phone is set to "USB Mass Storage."

6) Go to My Computer on the PC and open "Removable Disk." You should see a Skyscape folder. If not, create it, then open it.

7) Drag the downloaded file to the Skyscape folder, open it, and extract all files to the default directory, i.e. icd9_bb. Delete the Zip file.

8) Close the "Removable Disk," drive, disconnect the USB cable, and reboot the phone.

9) Activate Wi-Fi on the phone and open Keyserver (Run as Administrator). Make sure you disable your Antivirus and Spyware Software at this point.

10) Open Skyscape on the phone, go to Tools and select "Get Free Resources." Watch Keyserver Log and ensure connection. Then select "Update Resources." This will unlock the downloaded file.

11) Now you should be at the Home Menu where you'll be able to start using the Skyscape App.

I'm just a Novice and this may not work for everyone, but it has worked for every file I've downloaded using this method.

Hope it helps :D

Update: The problem I discovered with this method is that content is missing in many of the programs. I was finally able to connect and download using the Static IP method and everything works like a charm now. Excellent program Rab!
Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:21 pm
Jan 5th, 2011, 11:21 am
UPDATING VIA CONNECTIFY SUCCESSFUL(for those who don't have router):
if you are sharing your internet connection via router then i think methods mentioned by nirmalv works.

finally i am able to update via connectify, here are the steps:
1. You need two laptop(suppose A and B)
2. Laptop A is connected to broadband internet and you install connectify in this laptop and share your internet connection
2. Now in laptop B, connect to the connectify hotspot
3. Install the latest keyserver in the laptop and do according to the post made by nirmalv (page 5, post 75)
4. Now you should be able to get update in your android phone (connected to connectify hostspot)

If you have problem with latest version of connectify then download connectify version 1.2.0.14599 (old version).

Many many thanks to nirmalv.

hope this will help you people
Jan 5th, 2011, 11:21 am
Jan 15th, 2011, 2:20 pm
manage to install it in samsung galaxy s following this steps...

On the computer

Download the latest keyserver(1.3.4) from page 1 post #1 by rab
Extract the files
Right click on keyserver.exe and open as administrator
Now you will see the main keyserver screen.Minimize this for now

Now
Open windows start button and type command in the search box and press enter
In the terminal screen type ipconfig
Note down the following thing
ipv4 address : This is the ip address of your computer
subnet mask
default gateway
these are the values we need to enter into the phone

Now go to the network sharing centre in windows
On the left lower hand corner click on windows firewall
turn off windows firewall for home and public networks

Now in the htc hero
go to settings
wi-fi settings ---->turn on wifi : check ----->click on menu button on your phone--->advanced---->check use static IP

Now in the IP adress enter a imaginary address outside your range
for eg if the ipv4 address in your computer was 10.0.1.1 ,then enter 10.0.1.101.if it was 192.168.2.1 then enter 192.168.2.101. My point being you can probably get away with putting 101 to the last 2 digits of you ipv4 address

gateway is the same a your computer default gateway

Netmask same as your computer subnet mask

DNS 1 is same as your ipv4 address of your computer
press menu again and click save

Ok now we go back to the keyserver
check send reader updates ,enable DNS server ,save incoming requests to debug .log
Now in this hosts ip enter your ipv4 address
Check mark the software titles you want

Go back to the the phone
open the skyscape programme which you should download and install from market
go to update resources
if it asks your password and username(usually a email address) just type any imaginary one or create an a account
updating of your phone should start
Jan 15th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Jun 16th, 2011, 4:50 am
GOOD NEWS over here!!! I've found how to successfully use KeyServer with only one laptop and my only phone!!
No need of routers or 2 laptops or other!! No need of Connectify or other programs!!
After 8 hour of despair and trial-and-error I figured out how to work it...

Here is the STEP BY STEP GUIDE of what I've done

1) you need a rooted phone (to modify the hosts file, as explained by Bounceuh in post #43, page 3)
1.1) read that illuminating and perspicuous post, as many steps are the same (maybe I used a different order I guess)

2) install ES File Explorer on your phone

3) reboot your laptop, disconnect from any connection you may have

4) pick the phone and go to settings -> wireless -> tethering -> and set up a portable wi-fi hotspot with your phone

5) choose the SSID you want, i.e. "proof" and leave the protection open - NOT "WPA2 PSK"

6) now you've configured your android phone to act as a wi-fi hotspot (activate it)

7) connect your pc to the network "proof" you've just created via wi-fi

8) go to the pc -> start -> type CMD -> hit enter on the keyboard

9) now type ipconfig -> here you can see your IPv4 address. It should be 192.168.43.2 (as the gateway = your phone should be 192.168.43.1)
9.1) these numbers may vary widely from phone to phone, note your IPv4 somewhere

10) now that you have your IPv4, disconnect

11) pick your phone -> open ES file explorer -> settings -> root options -> tick both options to mount and read/write on file system

12) now go to the folder /system/etc and tap on the file "hosts" -> open as text -> open with ES Notes

13) now you can edit your hosts file directly on your pohne (no need to use your pc, more convenient!); you should read:
127.0.0.1 localhost

14) type these lines of text so that you can read:
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.43.2 www.skyscape.com
192.168.43.2 iphone.skyscape.com

NOTE: 192.168.43.2 is my IPv4, if you have a different IPv4 in step 9, use yours instead!!

15) save and exit

16) reboot your phone

17) on your pc, run keyserver.exe as administrator

18) check both "send reader updates" and "force download server to this host"

19) connect to internet from your pc (leave the phone alone)

20) right click on every product you want to install on the phone and -> "download data file"

21) disconnect from internet

22) disable and exit from any firewall and antivirus, windows firewall included

23) activate the portable wi-fi hotspot on your phone

24) connect your pc to the phone via wi-fi

25) open skyscape on the phone

26) go to updates -> update resources

27) job is done, you should see the products you've just checked and downloaded

22) NOTE: I had some problems trying to install multiple programs at once, so i suggest to tick and install only one single program at a time!! If some error shows up on your phone while trying to install the product, just exit from skyscape and re-enter

I used Samsung Nexus S with CyanogenMod7 and Win7 x64, but I think it works for all the phones... unless you are not able to create a wi-fi hotspot with your android phone!! With cyanogenMod it's possible, but if I'm not wrong it can be done with the plain version of Android 2.3 too. If not, get CyanogenMod, it's way faaar better than original Android 2.3.3

Really thanks to all of you for this incredible super release... Special thanks to rab and Bounceuh, you've saved my poor student life!!! LUV YA!!! I would marry you!! Thank god you're at least 5000 Km from me and that will never happen... :-) :-)
Jun 16th, 2011, 4:50 am
Sep 15th, 2011, 7:28 pm
COMPREHENSIVE STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS USING TWO COMPUTERS AND CONNECTIFY
Disclaimer: The following guide is intended for educational puposes/ understanding networking. It by no means solicits voilating copyrights of any software. Please use at your own responsibility.
Credits & Thanks: Major credit goes to Rab followed by Nirmlav who posted initial step wise instructions.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS
1. Two laptops both wifi enabled (or a desktop with a wifi card)
2. Both must not have any Anti-virus or anti-malware program installed.
3. Disable windows firewall for all networks (public and home)
4. Both laptops must have power options set in such a way that they donot go to standby or sleep etc. Prefrably connected to AC power.
5. Android phone with skyscape reader installed on it.
6. Download Keyserver from the link provided in 1st post by rab.
7. Search for latest .xml data file in some previous post and replace the original xml of keyserve. You can still do basic job with included xml.
8. Internet connection either DSL or EVDO

ON LAPTOP A
1. Install Connectify, configure hotspot created by it to share your internet.
2. Connect the laptop (or wifi enabled desktop) to internet
3. Turn on the wifi switch
4. Your connectify hotspot should start broadcasting. This laptop will act as router.

ON LAPTOP B
1. Install Keyserver downloaded earlier
2. Turn on the wifi switch, it should now find the wifi broadcast of first laptop. After connecting your laptop B should be able to share the internet connection of laptop A. try opening some web page.
3. Go to START>Search Programs & Files> type CMD and hit ENTER
4. A black command promp window should open. Type ipconfig and hit ENTER
5. Note down the IPv4, Subnet Mask and Default gateway. An example is given below
IPv4= 196.175.130.50
Subnet mask = 277.277.277.0
Default gateway = 196.175.130.50
6. Once you have noted these, close the black window.

ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE

1. Its better if rooted, however it should work with unrooted devices also.
2. Disable background sync and auto sync from settings
3. Go to SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORK>Wifi Settings. Click menu button and select Advance
4. From Advance menu, select STATIC IP. Enter as desribed below
IP Address: change last 2 digits of your IPv4 address. for example (above): 196.175.130.101
Gateway: Actual gateway as u noted in step 5
Netmask: Actual netmask as u noted in step 5
DNS 1 : Actual Ipv4 as noted in step 5
DNS 2 : same as DNS 1
5. Save these settings
6. Turn on wifi of your phone and let it connect to the wifi broadcast of Laptop A. Since we have changed the last digits of IP address, your phone will connect wifi but will not be sharing internet.
7. On laptop B, run keyserver as Administrator. First select the books you want from the displayed list. Select fields "Send Reader updates", Start DNS server, "Save incoming requests to debug.log"
8. On your phone, open skyscape application>Update>click UPDATE at the bottom> Update Resources
9. As soon as you click, keyserver will show (client connected) and start downloading your selected books.

NOTE: This Guide is very detailed. Read Again and Again if you have confusion.
Sep 15th, 2011, 7:28 pm
Dec 3rd, 2011, 11:53 am
> In your 1st post you said, not connect to server again.
do not connect with real server, connect again with keyserver as much you like

> Do I have to check the previously downloaded books + new books in keyserver?
yes - anything not check will be removed from phone on update, so leave check

> Can I connect to keyserver again without problems in aleady downloaded books?
yes

> rooting isn't necessary to install skyscape..
rooting is best (not only for keyserver - what use is phone you don't control???)
you use real account or fake? others say should not lock with fake account
else if you can't have firewll or can't edit /etc/host then must use old version skyscape before autoupdate (+lock) 1.0.27

> cannot open a connection to web server.
your phone not connecting, maybe didn't set network settings right

> GET /announce?...
junk - something else on your computer connect to keyserver webserver, ignore
Dec 3rd, 2011, 11:53 am
Dec 7th, 2011, 10:47 pm
> During downloading further books with already downloaded books in second time (by checking previous+new books in keyserver), will it download all the books again or only newly checked books?.

only new or update

> hey mr. rab, could you add robbins and cotran pathologic basis of disease please?

already there
Dec 7th, 2011, 10:47 pm
Feb 5th, 2012, 6:33 pm
For those, who are having problem with keyserver connectivity

Should note this

Internet connection ----> cable modem -----> WiFi router...

Donot connect Ur Device or Ur PC to Cable modem or Wifi router through any cables, (disconect all cables from these)

People using GT-P7500 with Custom ROM like:- Overcome 10.1 Series v2.1.1 P7500, will have problem with device ID, after rebooting the device, better upgrade to v2.2.0
Feb 5th, 2012, 6:33 pm
Apr 11th, 2012, 5:47 pm
On the computer:

1. Download the latest keyserver from the first page of this thread that rab was so kind to provide. Download both files (the program and the latest data file).

2. Extract the first zipped file (the one including the keyserver.exe) to a folder named for example keyserver.

3. Extract the second zipped file (the file with the latest data) to the folder "keyserver" you created in step 2. You should get a message asking you if you want to replace the existing xml file with the new one; press yes and replace it so that you get the latest keyserver data.

4. Make sure that you have disabled windows firewall for private and public networks as well. Any antivirus or other similar programs should also be disabled at the time. (I would recommend that you close any program that might interfere with the process i.e. skype and even reboot your pc if you are not sure for the background processes of your pc)

5. Open the folder keyserver and right click on keyserver.exe. Open as administrator.

6. You should see the main keyserver screen. Tick the box of all the applications you want to download and right click on each of those. Press download data to get the application downloaded to your computer.

7. After you are done downloading all the applications to your computer (those application get downloaded in the subfolder "ota" within the subfolder "download" created in the "keyserver" folder you created), check "send reader updates", "force download server to this host", "enable DNS server" to the keyserver screen on your pc.

8. Open command prompt from the windows start menu by writing there cmd.

9. In cmd write ipconfig and check what it writes next to IPv4. Copy this number and place it in the section "this hosts IP" in the keyserver.

10. In the keyserver screen you should see some messages saying that you should configure the network settings; press suggest network settings.

11. Go to your android phone now and install free Skyscape medical Resources from google play. Please uninstall the app if you already have it and then re-install it. Do not open it yet!

12. Still on your android phone, change your DNS settings according to the suggested network settings you were given from the keyserver in step 10; please try one of the options (A or B) below depending on the phone you have:

A) Go to settings, then wifi.

Make sure you have enabled wifi from the settings.

Connect to your wifi network if you are not already connected.

On your network: Press and Hold. Choose Modify Network.

Check Show Advanced Options.

Choose Static ....

Set IP Address, Gateway and DNS using the IP address, the default gateway and the DNS 1 that keyserver suggested in step 10 respectively.

If you need prefix length leave it as it is with the number suggested (I just use 24 so you could try it if you are not sure) and leave DNS 2 blank.

(note that you do not have internet access with this network setting; this is just to connect to the keyserver to your pc).

B) If you have tried method A and you failed try this:

Go to settings, then wifi and then wifi settings and disconnect from any network you are connected to.

Make sure you have enabled wifi from the settings.

On the screen where you see the list of the available wifi networks please press the "menu" button of your device (usually it is on the lower left corner of the device but there might be slight variations so search for it)

You will see that you get a grey menu on the lower part of the screen.

Check Advanced there (or any similar choice you might have).

In IP Settings choose Use Static IP....

Enter the values needed in the greyed areas and set IP Address, Gateway and DNS using the IP address, the default gateway and the DNS 1 that keyserver suggested in step 10 respectively.

If you need prefix length leave it as it is with the number suggested (I just use 24 so you could try it if you are not sure) and leave DNS 2 blank.

Re-connect to your wifi network using the new DNS settings.

If this is not working at first, try to disconnect and re-connect once more.

(note that you do not have internet access with this network setting; this is just to connect to the keyserver to your pc).

13. After you finish, open Skyscape medical Resources to your android device and Login using a false e-mail with a false ending i.e mobilism@gmailll.com AND leave the password blank.

14. Then press Update resources. You should see on the screen of your pc a message saying "client connected" which means that you did it and you are connected to the keyserver. Then on the screen of you android device you should see the apps that you ticked before in the keyserver on your pc..

15. Press Download and...you are done!

If you get stuck there or this crashes your device it means that you have probably overloaded the system and you might need to download less apps every time until you manage to download them all. If you want for example 100 apps in total, you could try unchecking most of the 100 apps you see on the screen of your android device, leaving only 10 of them checked (This should NOT be done by unchecking the apps on the screen of keyserver on your pc; keyserver shows all the apps that will get downloaded to the device). After downloading those, then try repeating this process until you do not see any remaining apps left on the screen of your device, meaning that you managed to download them all!

Enjoy your apps!

*Note: After you finish the process do not forget to change your DNS back to normal to get your internet back to normal!
I) If you used method A to change DNS settings then go to settings, then wifi.

Make sure you still have wifi enabled from the settings and you are connected to your network.

Find your network's name: Press and Hold on this.

Choose Modify Network.

Check Show Advanced Options.

Check DHCP instead of the static you had chosen before.

II) If you used method B to change DNS settings then go to settings, then wifi and then choose wifi settings and disconnect from your network.

Make sure you still have wifi enabled from the settings.

On the same screen where you see the list of the available wifi networks please press the "menu" button of your device (usually it is on the lower left corner of the device but there might be slight variations so search for it)

In the grey menu that pops up at the lower part of your screen press advanced and disable the option "static" that you previously enabled at step 12.

Re-connect to your wifi network using the updated network settings and you should get your internet back to normal.

If this is not working at first, try to disconnect and re-connect once more.

**Note: You DO NOT need a firewall to keep using your applications! Some people have suggested that, but many others that have tried this method without adding any firewall, including me, are not experiencing problems!

If you choose not to use any firewall at all, the only thing you should know is that you will receive a message every time you open skyscape saying that this account is not valid. You will be prompted to correct your account's details in this message; just press "no" and this is it! You will see that even by using this way you will still have your applications and you will be able to use them as you did before; they will all be in the tab "all" of skyscape! Enjoy!

***Note: In case you have succeeded and you just want to update the resources you have already downloaded, you should know that you should always use keyserver to your pc with the same way you first managed to download the resources (using the method described above) to make updating possible; this is of course if you know how to modify the xml file of keyserver yourself to use the updated versions or if you use the new xml file whenever it gets uploaded (you will need to replace the xml file with the new one again as described at the first steps of this guide and repeat the whole process)!
Apr 11th, 2012, 5:47 pm
Dec 22nd, 2012, 10:39 pm
1 - Root your phone
2 - Install DroidWall
3 - Run DroidWall and block Skyscape Reader to any Internet connection (3G, WiFi, 4G, LTE), apply table rules and close DroidWall
4 - Enjoy Skyscape without Lockouts

Im Running latest Skyscape Reader with Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 in my Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) Flawlessly!
Dec 22nd, 2012, 10:39 pm