Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
May 4th, 2024, 4:42 pm
Cremona House by Laura Di Martino
Requirements: .ePUB reader, 7.9 Mb
Overview: FROM ICE CREAM EMPIRE TO ENEMY ALIEN
Meet Carlo Bodoni, an enterprising immigrant who builds a successful ice cream business, making him a household name in 1920s Adelaide, South Australia.
Economic forces drove him from his native Cremona, in northern Italy in 1911, at the tender age of fourteen, accompanied only by his violin. After several false starts, in Melbourne and Geelong, he finally finds his feet in Adelaide where he meets the love of his life, accomplished pianist Luisa.
Together, they build a family and a business, while also embracing their social responsibilities and sharing their passion for music. Keeping his promise to his mother, Carlo also sponsors his younger siblings so that they too can share in his good fortune in the lucky country.
But by the mid 1930s, a world economic downturn coupled with a devastating personal tragedy and the threat of another world war, sees Carlo on the brink of losing everything he’s worked for, including his beloved Cremona House.
Always proud of his Italian roots, now he’s been labelled an enemy alien and Adelaide’s Number One Fascist. Will Carlo’s intelligence and resilience be enough to overcome this new challenge?
Discover Adelaide of the 1920s and 1930s as it throws over its mantel as a colonial outpost and begins to glitter in its own right.
Ride the inevitable ups and downs of this intricate tale, inspired by the true stories of Adelaide’s pioneering Italian migrants
Genre: Fiction > General Fiction/Classics

Download Instructions:
https://devuploads.com/73uks575q6fz
https://mega4upload.com/3adrftkr4pab

Trouble downloading? Read This.
May 4th, 2024, 4:42 pm

if you liked a book i shared, please consider buying your own copy to support the author's hard work ♥

click the reupload button if all my links are dead, i'll refresh them as soon as possible!