Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Aug 19th, 2022, 7:26 pm
The Janus Eagle Series (#1-3) by Francis Hagan
Requirements: .ePUB, .MOBI/.AZW reader, 3.12 MB
Overview: Francis Hagan says, "I have been writing on and off since I was a shy lad hiding under the bed and scribbling in an out of date diary (I think it was about my space travels). Most of my works have been either plays populated with grotesques who stumble around ruins and those odd places we forget about - or epic tales of those last Roman legionaries as they falter and fall at the end of Empire."

In these stories, the dying light of Rome flutters one final desperate time as I seek to follow the last of the Eagles down into their fates. Here, archaeological record, literary fragments, and my own invention intertwine to set a stage ripe for heroics and betrayal. 'The Nowhere Legion' is the first in a series of novels I am writing which will delve into that fatal period where the emperor Valens is slaughtered upon the fields of Hadrianople and the Goths break forever into the Roman Empire. It is a period fraught with tragedy and heroics, caught as it is on a cusp between the last of the ancient world and dawning of what we are later to call the 'middle ages' . . .
Genre: Fiction > General Fiction/Classics > Historical > Ancient > War & Military

Image Image Image

The Shattered Frontier (The Janus Eagle #1):
Far in the east of Rome, along the crumbling borders of the Tigris and the Euphrates, an old legion rots, long since abandoned and neglected by the emperor Valens and his advisors. This is the ancient Twelfth Legion, the Fulminata, the legion that once Thundered, raised by Caesar himself over four hundred years ago. A chance discovery in a dig propels an archaeologist to discover the truth of this legion and its final doom. What he gradually uncovers is a story of betrayal and deception under a strange standard known as the Janus Eagle.
This is the first book in a trilogy which tells the story of this Janus Eagle and its final fate deep in the mountains of Armenia, a land riven now with discord and strife. A fate in which the men of this legion are finally forced to confront a shame and a stain over three hundred years old - men who have long since forgotten the thunder that was once the legion’s blood . . .

The Fortress of Desolation (The Janus Eagle #2):
Armenia: a land riven by discord, shattered by invasion, and divided into competing factions. A land in which a trapped Queen awaits rescue from a Roman expedition ordered to fail and fall at the last deep in that land. Orders its commander, Flavius Anicius, is determined to avoid.
Against the will of Lupicinus, Magister of the East, this Tribune will march both the Twelfth Fulminata Legion and the Senior Sol Legion deep into Armenia to surprise the Persians besieging Artageressa and bring out this Queen both to spite Rome and also redeem a past long since surrendered up to shame and ignominy. It is a march fated to summon up old ghosts and new betrayals as these two legions cross over into a land older than the history of Rome itself; a land riddled with secrets and deep caverns; a land which will twist about the feet of these Romans like quicksand . . .
This is the second book in the trilogy The Janus Eagle and follows the fortunes of the Roman expedition under that dark figure known as Flavius Anicius.

The House of Caves (The Janus Eagles #3):
Far in the east of Rome, along the crumbling borders of the Tigris and the Euphrates, an old legion rots, long since abandoned and neglected by the emperor Valens and his advisors. This is the ancient Twelfth Legion, the Fulminata, the legion that once Thundered, raised by Caesar himself over four hundred years ago. A chance discovery in a dig propels an archaeologist to discover the truth of this legion and its final doom. What he gradually uncovers is a story of betrayal and deception under a strange standard known as the Janus Eagle. Now, in the final book in the trilogy, the Twelfth Fulminata Legion is stranded deep in Armenia after the disaster at the Fortress of Desolation. Harried by the Armenians and Persians under Artashemeh, the survivors must embark on a perilous trek over the roof of the world to the distant safety of the Black Sea. It is a trek which sees an ancient fate unwind itself from the shadows to reveal the final fate of the Fulminata . . .

Download Instructions:
(Closed Filehost) http://tusfiles.com/nizqzlvahszr
Mirror:
https://uptobox.com/q00miag0h5pb
Mirror:
https://drop.download/xu5waojz4d5b/FrancisH_ThJnsEgl1-3.rar

Trouble downloading? Read This.
Aug 19th, 2022, 7:26 pm

For any Re-Ups use Image on the right. Many thanks to the original up-loaders