Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Jul 25th, 2022, 12:51 pm
Maurice by E. M. Forster
Requirements: .ePUB reader, 286 kb
Overview: Set in the elegant Edwardian world of Cambridge undergraduate life, this story by a master novelist introduces us to Maurice Hall when he is fourteen. We follow him through public school and Cambridge, and into his father's firm. In a highly structured society, Maurice is a conventional young man in almost every way―except that he is homosexual.

Written during 1913 and 1914, immediately after Howards End, and not published until 1971, Maurice was ahead of its time in its theme and in its affirmation that love between men can be happy. "Happiness," Forster wrote, "is its keynote.…In Maurice I tried to create a character who was completely unlike myself or what I supposed myself to be: someone handsome, healthy, bodily attractive, mentally torpid, not a bad businessman and rather a snob. Into this mixture I dropped an ingredient that puzzles him, wakes him up, torments him and finally saves him."
Genre: Fiction > General Fiction/Classics > LGBT > MM

A note on the release
I have located an epub that seems identical to the one that had been available here on Mobilism earlier. It seems to be an OCR of a paperback published by W. W. Norton. I have manually (checking against another edition available on Google Books) corrected a number of typos and broken paragraphs, cleaned out a lot of rubbish tags that were gratuitously making some parts of the book appear in smaller font, and marked the chapters clearly (the original file just had a number, say, "28", at the beginning of a regular paragraph). I have also changed the cover image to reflect the W. W. Norton paperback edition. I might not have caught all of the typos because I didn't actually read this through closely. [NB: Not everything that you'll see in this book is typos. Some are obsolete words, some are the author's way of recreating "lower-class" way of speaking: "oughter" instead of "ought to / oughta", "reckernize" instead of "recognize", etc.] Thus — this is not retail, but it is definitely better than what had been available on Mobilism previously — approaching very good (except the impressum page, which I didn't touch because I can't correct random string of numbers that are the ISBN or other codes — the ePUB is marked with the original paperback ISBN).

Download Instructions:
https://drop.download/nan719yojufu
(Filehost down) http://www.centfile.com/m9m24jhl82fh

Trouble downloading? Read This.
Jul 25th, 2022, 12:51 pm