Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Mar 14th, 2024, 7:13 pm
Hi,

some time ago I downloaded a file from Mobilism and VirusTotal found two red flags. A few days later I downloaded exactly the same file and VirusTotal now shows no flags (only some information about a connection to some rule - I don't know, I can upload the SS if necessary).
I also uploaded the file to Hybrid Analisis, which also showed some malware.

Below are the links:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ccd ... /detection

https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sample/ ... 1899f7ff1e

I did a Norton scan on my phone but it did not show any malware.

Is it safe for me, my bank account and my phone data to use this app?

Thank you for your help!
Mar 14th, 2024, 7:13 pm
Mar 14th, 2024, 7:58 pm
I would strongly advise against it, buddy. The virustotal and hybrid-analysis indicate malware, and messing with that is like opening a pandora's box. If you must, test it on a separate device and look for any suspicious activity. Compare the file size with other legitimate apps, verify the checksum against a trusted source like apkmirror, and always steer clear of cracked or modified apps for privacy reasons and most definitely dont input personal details into them. Stick to the safe bet of apps from the Google Play Store.
Mar 14th, 2024, 7:58 pm
Mar 14th, 2024, 8:13 pm
Hi, I'm new and don't understand much yet. What is verify the checksum against a trusted source like apkmirror?

FerrisBueller56 wrote:I would strongly advise against it, buddy. The virustotal and hybrid-analysis indicate malware, and messing with that is like opening a pandora's box. If you must, test it on a separate device and look for any suspicious activity. Compare the file size with other legitimate apps, verify the checksum against a trusted source like apkmirror, and always steer clear of cracked or modified apps for privacy reasons and most definitely dont input personal details into them. Stick to the safe bet of apps from the Google Play Store.
Mar 14th, 2024, 8:13 pm
Mar 17th, 2024, 5:59 pm
NoPudding9423 wrote:Hi, I'm new and don't understand much yet. What is verify the checksum against a trusted source like apkmirror?

FerrisBueller56 wrote:I would strongly advise against it, buddy. The virustotal and hybrid-analysis indicate malware, and messing with that is like opening a pandora's box. If you must, test it on a separate device and look for any suspicious activity. Compare the file size with other legitimate apps, verify the checksum against a trusted source like apkmirror, and always steer clear of cracked or modified apps for privacy reasons and most definitely dont input personal details into them. Stick to the safe bet of apps from the Google Play Store.

Apkmirror hosts unmodded files so you can't compare it
Also ignore his advice apps from the Google Play Store aren't near guaranteed to be safe
Mar 17th, 2024, 5:59 pm

In the Name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

Please PM me if any mod is outdated or links dead